Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Twelve



1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!

I remember my Mamaw and Papaw from Mississippi came to North Carolina (I think it was the last time they visited us because they don't travel). It was an honor to have them there. We went to eat Mexican food afterward.

2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?

My cell phone. Sorry all you no cell phone use in the car people, but I am going to call someone for help if I am in trouble. Ditto for if I see anyone else who needs help.

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?

I really try to minimize the number of "showers" I attend. Sad to say that I know I should enjoy stuff like this because I am a woman, but I shy away from them unless I really know the person being honored well. I don't have any of these types of events on my calendar.

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.

If you don't go crazy and strangle your children, you might be rewarded with grandchildren. I try to keep this in mind.

5. What was the last thing you broke?

Ugh, I broke one of my nice Noritake glasses that are discontinued. Guess I'll be hitting ebay to try and find a replacement.

6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?

Honestly I cannot give a statistical report on this because junk mail goes directly in the recycle container.

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?

No but my mamaw does...it's a sickness.

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?

It's the one thing that is NOT my job. I don't care who does it, as long as it is not me.

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?
The kids rooms.

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?

I get most news off the TV, not sure if it's really news, maybe more trash and useless knowledge.

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

Yes, there is a plan.

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

Probably doing the right things, if I do the right things the wrong way I can usually try to do them over or apologize for screwing them up. At least I can honestly say I tried and didn't give up or take the easy way out. I've never been what people would call a perfectionist.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogdom and the Random Dozen. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, visiting from random dozen and I love the blog template can't read the artist or company you got it from but I love it....I am having a giveaway if you want to come by and visit...
    http://nf1andpre-kwhisper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete