Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Super Stoked

It will be exactly one month from today that we embark on our long awaited summer vacation. If all goes as planned I will be well on my way to the beach with all of my family, including mom, dad, Ian and Laura and their kids on the 9th of July. This is our annual beach trip to N Myrtle beach SC, which has become a sort of family tradition.

This year I had hoped to lose 20 lbs before our beach trip. Despite the fact that I am looking better and have really strengthened my core, I have not dropped that 20lbs yet. This is frustrating as I have worked out every day except for three in the past two months since I joined the gym. I have made an effort to change my diet and eat more chicken and fish instead of red meat and pork. The plain truth is that this is going to take more time and I may still be wearing the "mom" bathing suit this year.

Oh, but don't think for one minute that I will quit or that I am in any way going to back off. Now I am more determined to "kick it up a notch" as my favorite chef Emeril would say. I'm increasing my cardio workouts to 40 - 60 minutes a day keeping my heart rate in the fat burning zone. Oh and I am going to sacrifice even more in my diet - which doesn't mean I am not going to eat but it does mean that there are certain things I haven't given up yet. What I figured was that when I wanted this weight loss bad enough I would give up those unhealthy things. Here we are at that point...and now it will get very interesting.

Perhaps with a little more weight loss this month and a killer tan, I will ROCK the "mom" bathing suit at the beach instead of simply hiding under it. Now I must go charge my ipod and get ready for some workout time.

No comments:

Post a Comment