Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let It Be....or NOT!

"There will be an answer Let It Be...." The Beatles

Life is, at times, pretty messed up but I guess it could be a lot worse. I have much to be thankful for and really need to sit back and take deep breaths and just like the song says "Let it be..." But I really need a good cleansing RANT today...yes let's talk.

My youngest children have been screaming and whining much more than I ever thought was possible. Even driving across town is nearly impossible without a fight breaking out in the back seat over a silly Happy Meal toy.

OK, my ADD kicked in and we have to discuss this right NOW...What is so Happy about a Happy Meal anyway? I mean, it doesn't make me happy. They cost too much and all you get is a crappy plastic junk toy that ends up cluttering up the house even worse than it already is. Oh and I have decided to just buy chicken nuggets off the dollar menu from now on. When I was a kid my parents didn't buy us Happy Meals every week. We ate our peas, and sometimes I swallowed them like pills with my tea because I hated them so bad.

Speaking of feeding my children...it costs a FORTUNE. And they are always hungry. Always....I feel like I am a slave in my own kitchen. My kids march around the house chanting "HUNGRY, Hungry, HUNGRY!" like little heatherns. I tell them (just like my mom told me), "This isn't the Taj Mahal." Oh and they are picky, PICKY, picky. If I make them anything that is not PB&J, cheese pizza, chicken nuggets or hot dogs, they look at me as though I threw up on their plates and asked them to consume it. Otherwise they will pick up a Cheeto off the floor at Wal Mart and put it in their mouth...WHAT is that?

Answer this? Why are children obsessed with being so wasteful? My daughter Aeryn took a bite out of all the apples in the fruit bowl while I wasn't watching and then put them back in the fruit bowl. She was really sneaky about it too. She arranged all of the apples so that the bite marks were hid and then when I went to make lunch for my husband I discovered all the apples were ruined. What the mess was that all about?

So yes, I am taking my daily breaks from the children. Today I took a water aerobics class and it was very relaxing. Guess what I talked about to the other ladies in my class? My kids of course.

Love them to pieces the little booger heads. Even if sometimes I feel like getting through a whole day without having to be committed to a mental institution is a small miracle.

"let it be?" Ugh...I guess so.

No comments:

Post a Comment