Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stir Crazy

Since I have gotten home from our beach trip I have found myself feeling more cooped up than usual. Sure, we have been going to the Rush at least every other day but the max amount of time per day the kids can spend in kid care is 1.5 hours and let's face it, there is only so much working out I can do. Also, it has been so hot that we haven't felt like being outside. While we were at the beach at least we had the hotel pools and the great Atlantic pool to jump in. I've found myself wondering what kinds of activities that we can do for free or for cheap around here, because staying at home watching Spongebob and playing video games is turning our brains to mush.

The field trips to Wal Mart aren't cutting it. I need to come up with some other fun things for my kids and I to do until the weather allows us to spend more time outside at the park or zoo. If money weren't an issue I would love to join a pool. Having one in the yard is way too much work and I know the job of cleaning the pool and keeping it up would be mine alone. It is hard to get help doing anything around the house - looks like that is and will always be my job.

I'm also thinking about Winter because before you know it, I will trade my dislike of very hot weather to contempt for freezing cold weather. Or we might have a period where all it does is precipitate and the yard turns into a swampy mess. So any good ideas from all you super moms won't go to waste. Yes, I am soliciting help from anyone who will volunteer it.

Below is my short list, and my plea for everyone reading my blog is for you guys to comment with some of your great ideas. I know a lot of you have children at home or used to have children that you stayed home with on a daily basis.

The public library - I've thought about looking into what they have going on. I know they used to have story time.

Dollar Movie - unfortunately I don't know of one that is open during the daytime, but it would be nice to take the kids to a cheap movie during the day. Even a matinee sometime at the regular theater is a good idea when we have more cash.

McDonalds Play Place - good for at least an hour of air conditioned fun. Sometimes we just get milkshakes or ice cream. They have WiFi too so I can take the DSI or my laptop when I get a battery that will hold a charge.

The Children's Museum - my mom recommended I look into this. Does anyone local to the NC Triad know anything about this and is it fun?

Like I mentioned it is a short list. I would also like some ideas for outside activities local to NC. Between now and when school starts would be a good time for a day trip somewhere that is small child friendly - some things have too many age or height requirements so until the kids are a little older, theme parks are out, besides I wouldn't like to take them to crowded places without another adult. I'm also little nervous about doing the mountains alone...but maybe a state park with a pool or something like that would be interesting.

Help! We are going STIR CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment